FReSH is a unique collaboration of businesses and partners working together to accelerate transformational change in our global food systems. Jointly led by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and the EAT Foundation, FReSH aspires to a world where every person can choose to enjoy food that is healthy, affordable and sustainable. FReSH works from fork-to-farm: to identify challenges, set science-based targets, connect existing initiatives, and build a portfolio of scalable business solutions that can drive the production of healthy diets produced responsibly and within planetary boundaries.
FReSH is a collaboration between science and business; where premier research institutions provide knowledge and data, and business uses this to develop successful, high-impact solutions.
FReSh aims to solve a number of health, socio-economic and environmental challenges across the three value chain stages – production, supply chain and consumption. It does so by addressing a number of solution spaces, including:
1. Healthy and sustainable diets, taking into account social and environmental considerations.
2. Food production adjustment, including formulation and offering to help achieve healthy and sustainable diets.
3. Food consumption reorientation to strengthen demand for healthy and sustainable diets.
4. Food loss and waste from a nutrition angle.
5. Performance measurement and reporting of progress.