Data points to the rising number of obese people in the Southeast Asia region and the likelihood that more individuals are at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. Along with this trend, the region is also experiencing a rapid nutrition transition, influencing consumers to look for better tasting and healthier foods.
At Food Ingredients Asia (FIA) 2017, DuPont Nutrition & Health will demonstrate solutions for the dairy, bakery, beverage and meal solutions industries with a focus to address health and nutrition concerns in the region.
Science is global, food is local
“With a fast-growing health-conscious population coupled with rising public health concerns in ASEAN, consumers are increasingly mindful of what they are eating and are demanding better-for-you products that provide basic nutrition, added functional benefits without comprising on taste and texture,” says Vikki Paterson, sales director ASEAN, DuPont Nutrition & Health. “ASEAN is a culturally diverse region, so it is important to be able to provide customized solutions to meet local needs. Our mission is to continually innovate, striving on global science to bring new local solutions suitable for the varied markets.”
DuPont Nutrition & Health will introduce the following solutions at FIA:
1. HOWARU® Shape – a clinically proven probiotic formula to reduce waist circumference in overweight adults presented in a juice format.
2. SURPO® MAX – a high quality, structured vegetable protein that provides meat-like fibrosity and texture and can be used in red meat, poultry, fish or meat-less applications.
3. SUPRO® XT 55 – a new isolated soy protein that allows up to 50% of dairy protein replacement in ready-to-drink beverages with excellent flavor characteristics.
4. POWERBake® series – combining the effects of cellulases and oxidases enzymes, manufacturers will be able to improve water absorption and yield for breads.
5. POWERFresh® series – based on DuPont’s patented G4-amylase and G+ amylase technology, these enzymes secure a high degree of resilience, ensuring bread retains softness throughout the shelf life.
Delivering solutions to meet health trends
At the DuPont booth, visitors will be able to sample different concepts ranging from baked goods, ready-to-drink beverages, yogurt samples and meat-free products. These concepts will feature the new solutions together with other DuPont™ Dansico® range of ingredients that are in tandem with the current health trends such as low sugar, high protein and plant-based diets. DuPont experts will also be present to explain how these solutions can improve nutritional profile while maintaining the desired taste and texture of food products.
Sittideth Sriprateth, sales leader, Thailand, DuPont Nutrition & Health commented, “We believe that innovative product development provides a clear opportunity to better serve consumers’ dietary needs. We are excited to showcase our new solutions as they are extremely relevant to today’s market and especially to the consumers in Thailand who are taking a more active role in managing their health and diet.”
DuPont Nutrition & Health combines in-depth knowledge of food and nutrition with current research and expert science to deliver unmatched value to the food, beverage and dietary supplement industries. We are innovative solvers, drawing on deep consumer insights and a broad product portfolio to help our customers turn challenges into high-value business opportunities. More information is available at www.food.dupont.com
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit www.dupont.com.