DuPont Nutrition & Health, Dow Pharma Solutions and FMC Health & Nutrition Unite Portfolios to Offer Advanced Drug Delivery Solutions Across a Wide Range of Applications.
Recognized as global leaders with proven expertise spanning many markets, DuPont, Dow and FMC unite pharmaceutical and health care portfolios under DuPont. The newly combined portfolios of advanced drug delivery solutions, including oral solid dosage, topical and transdermal applications, will be highlighted at CPhI Worldwide stand 8F60, Oct. 9-11 in Madrid, Spain. In addition, the biopharma team will display its solutions designed to advance end-to-end purity, reliability and security in biopharmaceutical processing at the inaugural bioLIVE event (stand 12C31), adjacent to CPhI Worldwide.
By combining the complementary strengths of DuPont, Dow and FMC, the business will be able to respond faster and more effectively to rapidly changing conditions with forwarding-thinking solutions to help overcome formulation challenges.
“This integrated business brings together decades of industry expertise and proven technologies across a broad range of dosage formats to offer our customers a one-stop shop of solutions for their drug delivery needs,” said Angela Strzelecki, global business director, Pharma at DuPont Nutrition & Health. “We are committed to building upon our innovative portfolio to help customers continue to meet changing regulatory and formulation challenges.”
By combining strengths and expanding solutions together, DuPont offers a spectrum of innovative solutions for solubility enhancement, improved release profiles and optimal topical and transdermal applications. Our portfolio of ingredients and excipients offer:
- Rapid disintegration and dissolution with agents that exhibit excellent water uptake and rapid swelling properties to allow for a quicker dissolve at low dosage plus good stability and functionality to aid in the disintegration and dissolution of tablets, capsules and granules.
- Solubility enhancement with a portfolio of polymers uniquely tailored to address the solubilization performance requirements of active pharmaceutical ingredients through stable solid dispersion and inhibition of API crystallization.
- Immediate release with a proprietary co-spray dried excipients across various grades optimized for use in dry granulation, wet granulation or direct compression to improve process robustness and boost productivity while also improving tablet hardness and increasing yields.
- Controlled release with polymers optimized for dry powder layering processes which can coat 40-60 percent faster than current multi-particulate coating technologies. Our polymers also can shorten development time and reduce manufacturing costs by up to 60 percent in direct compression.
- Increased efficacy and enhanced sensory aesthetics with a wide range of topical excipients and applications including aqueous gels, breathable lotions, barrier creams and anhydrous ointments which improve delivery of APIs. The latest acne and scar solutions will be available in a sample kit on-site.
- Optimal adhesion properties with silicone adhesives which offer comfort and convenience in transdermal applications to efficiently treat targeted diseases and provide pain management.
In addition to stand presence, DuPont will share industry leadership and expertise during presentations, including:
- Fifth annual Women in Leadership Forum, Oct. 10, 8:00-10:10 a.m. CEST, in room N106. DuPont shows its commitment to gender diversity as a sponsor for the event which Strzelecki will keynote. In addition, Rina Choksi, global pharma marketing leader for DuPont Nutrition & Health will share her insights during the panel discussion about sourcing talent conscientiously, retaining talent and working toward a bias-free work environment.
- Expertise in Drug Delivery and Formulations, Oct. 9, 4:30-5:00 p.m. CEST, in CPhI Theatre. Virginie Caprasse, technical specialist for Dow Silicones (DOW CORNING™ brands), will discuss expertise in drug delivery with silicone formulations and meeting formulator requirements. Discover how silicone excipients can meet the challenge of formulators working with sensitive actives with the efficiency of silicone polymers to improve aesthetics and patient compliance.
- Quality by Design, Oct. 10, 11:10-11:40 a.m. CEST, in CPhI Theatre. Carsten Huettermann, Ph.D., senior TS&D scientist at DuPont Nutrition & Health, will deliver the keynote to share insights on the importance of ensuring quality at every step of the drug formulation process to reduce time, efforts, risks and cost.
- Purity Testing of Silicone Tubing for Biopharmaceutical Applications, Oct. 9, 12:00-12:30 p.m. CEST, in bioLIVE Insights Theatre. Saphia Rachidi, technical support and development for Dow Silicones (DOW CORNING™ brands), will share insights on the purity and cleanliness testing of Dow Corning® Pharma tubing with data for particulates, endotoxins and bioburden to help customers accelerate the validation process of its products for biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
To learn more about DuPont’s portfolio of high-quality, high-performance pharmaceutical and healthcare technologies, visit CPhI Worldwide stand 8F60 or www.danisco.com/pharmaceuticals,
www.dowpharmasolutions.com and www.dowcorning.com/healthcare.
About DuPont Nutrition & Health
DuPont Nutrition & Health, a DowDuPont Specialty Products Division business, combines in-depth knowledge of food and nutrition with current research and expert science to deliver unmatched value to the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and dietary supplement industries. We are innovative solvers, drawing on deep consumer insights and a broad product portfolio to help our customers turn challenges into high-value business opportunities. More information is available at www.food.dupont.com
About DowDuPont Specialty Products Division
DowDuPont Specialty Products, a division of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), is a global innovation leader with technology-based materials, ingredients and solutions that help transform industries and everyday life. Our employees apply diverse science and expertise to help customers advance their best ideas and deliver essential innovations in key markets including electronics, transportation, building and construction, health and wellness, food and worker safety. DowDuPont intends to separate the Specialty Products Division, which will be called DuPont, into an independent, publicly traded company. More information can be found www.dow-dupont.com